About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

4 octombrie 2012

Review - The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

The Sea of Tranquility

I start my review with this message for KM posted on Goodreads

„I'm in awe for Ms Millay work.
My dear author you touched my soul with this story, you make me live it and I thank you for that. You made this book so real, so visual, it is like a movie, passing before my eyes. I'm speechless. It is five o'clock in the morning(in Romania) and I just finished the book. My eyes are burning with tears and I can't stop my whirling feeling to come down on me. For now, I can't put a coerent thought together. Later, I will post a review.
TSoT is 10 top of my favourite book all time.
Thank you, Katja Millay” 

I begin by telling you that I’m afraid I can not put in words how amazing this book is. When I finished TSoT, I was assulted by a wirlwind of emotions: fury, sadness, happiness and finally, peace. This book resonate with the deepest parts of your soul. I know for sure that TSoT is one of my favourite books ever. And definitely I’ll re-read it.

The Sea of Tranquility it is an amazingly emotional contemporary drama written by an extraordinary storyteller, who "forces" you to connect with her characters, to feel all their tragedy. I love the way KM is bulding the story, especially the lead of some chapters, which is the whole chapter compressed in just few sentences. Amazing talent, this one!

 Nastya
„I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.”

The story is a lesson about life and death, about revenge and forgiveness, but above all is about two wonderful characters and their journey from what they were to what they will become. It is about a beautiful relashionship between two young people really broken, coerced to behave like adults, because life itself force them grow over their age. Josh and Nastya are so damaged and full of bitterness about life, but somehow they find each other and struggle to save each other.

Katja Millay is a brilliant artist of words, able to create a dramatic, intense world with complex characters (main and secondary equally highlighted). Every chapter of this book take you to a world tragically painful, detailed and carefully created.  I felt the whole story in my bones. It was like I'm living it. 

Her characters are not perfect, no, they are broken, but are human and vulnerable, therefore are real.

I totally FEEL this book, writting this review made my chest hurt. I have to stop and breathe!

TSoT is a totally 5 stars plus!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...