About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

6 noiembrie 2012

Literary Birthday - Karin Fossum, 6 November


Happy Birthday, Karin Fossum, born 6 November 1954
An Interview With Karin Fossum 
Q: When it comes to your work, what marks a book’s success for you?
A: That the readers believe in my story. That I have been able to move them.
Q: Inspector Konrad Sejer first appeared in Don’t Look Back. What do you like most about this character?
A: He is serious and decent. And he loves his work.
Q: Your crime novels that feature Inspector Sejer have been translated into sixteen languages. How does it feel to have your books so widely published?
A: It feels strange. I look upon them as small, quiet stories.
Q: What do you enjoy most about writing crime novels?
A: The drama. The tragedy. The psychology. The mystery.
Q: As a writer, what’s been your proudest moment?
A: When I published my first collection of poetry at the age of twenty (1974).
Karin Fossum is known as the ‘Norwegian queen of crime’. She is best known for her successful Inspector Konrad Sejer series. Her novels have been translated into more than 16 languages. She won the Glass key award and the Riverton Prize for Don’t Look Back.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...