About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

16 decembrie 2012

Literary Birthday - Jane Austen, 16 decembrie




Happy Birthday, Jane Austen, born 16 December 1775, died 18 July 1817

Jane Austen: On Writer’s Block
I am not at all in a humour for writing; I must write on till I am. 
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, made her one of the most widely read writers in English literature. Austen wrote six novels: Sense and SensibilityPride and PrejudiceNorthanger AbbeyEmmaMansfield Park, and Persuasion
Jane’s most productive writing years were spent in Chawton Cottage. She wrote near a window on a small walnut table on a writing slope from her father. Her dedication allowed her to produce three of her six novels during the last eight years of her life, and to revise her earlier ones. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...