Happy Birthday, Paulo Coelho, born 24 August 1947
Top 10 Paulo Coelho Quotes
- The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
- Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
- The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
- When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.
- Tears are words that need to be written.
- Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realise that nothing really belongs to them.
- When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
- Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.
- People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.
- Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing.
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist.