About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

11 noiembrie 2012

Literary Birthday - Kurt Vonnegut,11 November


Happy Birthday, Kurt Vonnegut, born 11 November 1922, died 11 April 2007
 Things Kurt Vonnegut Said Better Than Anyone Else

1. “I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.’”
His best advice seems almost ridiculously simple: Give your own happiness a bit of brain space.
2. “Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.”
3. “Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, ‘Why, why, why?’ Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.”
4. “There’s only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.”6. “Many people need desperately to receive this message: ‘I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.’”
5. “She was a fool, and so am I, and so is anyone who thinks he sees what God is doing.”
6.“That is my principal objection to life, I think: It’s too easy, when alive, to make perfectly horrible mistakes.”

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...