About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

1 noiembrie 2012

Recenzie "Thoughtless" by SC STEPHENS

About book
For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.
Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)
MY REVIEW
Sooo, this book rock me from my shoes. Angst, love triangle, sorrow, friendship, infidelity, passion, bad decisons, amazing songs, betrayal, wonderful / terrible bittersweet moments ... and so on ...  this book it's soooo  frustrating, annoying and ... awesome unputdownable ...

Thoughtless is book about thoughtless decisions, thoughless actions, about a thoughtless naive girl ... a book that I hate it and love it equaly!

I really enjoyed this book, even if there were moments when I wish I had a physical book to be able to throw it away. I think Kiera was an irritating / exasperanting / blushing / immature girl, but there was Kellan and everything is balanced, right? ;))

Why I hate it:
I just hate the repetitive blushing thing. Come on, SC? How many time a girl can blush about ... everything?

And the love triangle Kellan, Danny and Kiera was a bit exhausting, too much repetitive phrases, too many bad decisions, too much futile hurt ... why on earth she can make up her mind?

What I really hate is that she can not decide upon everything, and when you think she made one is horrible and hurts everyone, herself included. I hated it because by her actions, two wonderful people were hurt and betrayed. I hate it because she acted shelfish and too immature for my taste. I'll stop right here with the hate things :)

Why I love it:

As you know I do love books that give me too much emotional angst, too much tension and drama, because they make you really connect with those characters . Thoughtless did that to me, on a scale 1-10 it was ... 11! ;))

This book had me on a roller coaster of emotions. I had a really hard time putting it down, by 74% so I was a freaking zombie.

Kiera, Kellan and Denny, they all made terrible decisions and not give it a single thought before act, but then it is understandable because there was so much love, passion, hurt and all of them reacted the most of the time under these powerful emotions.

I love the way they react around each other , their friendship and companionship.

Another thing that I love about this book: the breaking up song, a powerful message from Kellan to Kiera.

"You're everything that I need, But I'm nothing that you need. I failed you, I betrayed you, over and over, But you'll be alright ... When he holds you tight. "

"It's better to never say goodbye, to just move on, to end the battle."

"We had what we had, we did what we did ... and it was amazing, something I'll never forget. Will it hurt me, it hurt Will you too. But everything ends, so save your tears. This will not break you. With him by your side, you'll be just fine. But I promise you ... my love for you will never die. "

"Every single day I'll keep you with me, no matter how far you are from me ..." 

And, YES, I think that Kellan declaration of love is one of the most genuine, intense and soul wrenching I have ever read (sorry I get it out of the context, but those who read the book know what I mean):

"I'm so in love with you, Kiera. I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I say awful things to you. I'm sorry I lied about your sister ... I never touched her. I promised you I Would not. I could not let you know ... how much I adore you ... how much you hurt me. "<...>

"God, I love you. I need you. Forgive me ... stay with me. Say You Need Me too ... say you want me too. Please ... be mine. "

What is not to love about this crazy, wonderful, intense book? When I've finished it I just felt a huge lump in my throat and this after long hours of crying.
NO, NO, NO I'm not a crying girl .... But damn, this book made my heart ache for the HEA.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...