About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

22 ianuarie 2013

Literary Birthday - Lord Byron, born 22 January

Happy Birthday, Lord Byron, born 22 January 1788, died 19 April 1824
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes…

Quotes
  1. There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. 
  2. If I don’t write to empty my mind, I go mad. 
  3. If I could always read, I should never feel the want of company.
  4. A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn’t know. 
  5. For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction. 
  6. Though I love my country, I do not love my countrymen. 
  7. America is a model of force and freedom and moderation - with all the coarseness and rudeness of its people. 
  8. A drop of ink may make a million think.
  9. The heart will break, but broken live on.
  10. I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.
Lord Byron was an English poet and a leading figure in the Romantic movement. Among Byron’s best-known works are the poems Don Juan, Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage, and She Walks in Beauty. He is regarded as one of the greatest British poets and is still widely read and influential.
He died at 36 from a fever in Missolonghi in Greece.

 for Writers Write

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...