About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

29 octombrie 2012

Literary Birthday -Lee Child, 29 October


Happy Birthday, Lee Child born 29 October 1954.
Lee Child’s Top 10 Quotes On Writing
  1. Don’t get it right - get it WRITTEN.
  2. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
  3. How does a guy raised in Birmingham write something as distinctly American as the Jack Reacher crime series? The answer is: I really can’t help it. I live in America. I travel a lot. I see stuff everywhere. And it makes an impression. 
  4. It’s a kind of Zen question: if you write a book and no one reads it, is it really a book?
  5. I write in the afternoon, from about 12 until 6 or 7. I use an upstairs room as my office. Once I get going I keep at it, and it usually takes about six months from the first blank screen until ‘The End’.
  6. Read, read, read. You can’t get anywhere unless you are an obsessive, continuous reader of other stuff.
  7. So, how to stay inside the world of entertainment without actually getting another job? I felt the only logical answer was to become a novelist. So I wrote the first book - driven by some very real feelings of desperation - and it worked.
  8. I love touring. The rest of the year is very solitary, so it’s great to get out with real live humans. I love to talk about books - mine or anybody else’s. Can’t think of anything odd that happened this time around. I met a few people I’d emailed with extensively - strange to put faces to names.
  9. Well, writers become writers because they love words and language, and attempting a non-native style is all part of the fun.
  10. I have the ‘thing’ worked out - the trick or the surprise or the pivotal fact. Then I just start somewhere and let the story work itself out.
Lee Child is a British thriller writer best known for his Jack Reacher novels.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...