About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

20 octombrie 2012

Literary Birthday - Arthur Rimbaud, 20 October



Happy Birthday, Arthur Rimbaud, born 20 October 1854, died 10 November 1891
I invented colours for the vowels! A black, E white, I red, O blue, U green. I made rules for the form and movement of every consonant, and I boasted of inventing, with rhythms from within me, a kind of poetry that all the senses, sooner or later, would recognize. And I alone would be its translator.
I began it as an investigation. I turned silences and nights into words. What was unutterable, I wrote down. I made the whirling world stand still.

Rimbaud was a French poet who produced his works while still in his late teens. Victor Hugo described him as ‘an infant Shakespeare’. He gave up creative writing before the age of 20. He was a restless soul who travelled on three continents before his death from cancer just after his 37th birthday.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...