About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

15 octombrie 2012

Literary Birthday - Friedrich Nietzsche,15 October



Happy Birthday, Friedrich Nietzsche, born 15 October 1844, died 25 August 1900
10 Revealing Nietzsche Quotes
  1. A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
  2. The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
  3. There are two different types of people in the world, those who want to know, and those who want to believe.
  4. Invisible threads are the strongest ties.
  5. Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
  6. And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be crazy, by those who could not hear the music.
  7. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.
  8. In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
  9. The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.
  10. It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book.
Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher of the 19th century who challenged the foundations of Christianity and traditional morality. He was interested in the enhancement of individual and cultural health, and believed in life, creativity, power, and the realities of the world we live in. He is one of the first existentialist philosophers along with Søren Kierkegaard.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...