About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

20 octombrie 2012

Review - Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover




Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)

What a treat!!! Will’s point of view made this story even better. Now, I know him more, I understand him better and I love him even more. This book is butterflying beautiful! I’m amazed by this talented, intense, poetic author. Colleen Hoover, YOU ROCK! Your rhymes speak to my soul, I’m inlove with your poetry, it haunts me.

“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul.
But I would leave that window shut and locked,
so that every time you tried to look through it all
you would see is your own reflection.
You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.”

So…about the book…I’m hurting, I’m messed up, I’m sobbing so loud I can’t hear my thoughts, but also I was laughing my heart out. Point of Retreat is an amazing, brilliant, tragic, inspirational, funny, poetic, incredible book!

I’m staring at my screen and I just can’t put myself together. At some point I couldn’t cope with so much drama… wanted to scream out of sheer frustration(life is so unfair sometimes)… so I’ve stopped. But I could stay away??? NO!!!!

PoR is not what I’ve expected, it is sooooo much better. More drama, but more laughing, too. I love Kirsten and her mother, those two characters are like a mouthful of fresh air. They were believable, outspoken and had just enough sarcasm that made them fun.

I loved every poems they slammed and it feels like catharsis for them and for us, too.  I love all the advices Julia gives from the stars, the fact that those messages are always the answer for their problems.

„Sometimes two people have to fall apart, to realize how much they need to fall back together.”

This book is a lesson about friendship, about life and especially family, the way they care for each other, even there is no blood bound.  I love that it talks of the realities of life: the trust issues, the questioning, the exes, the pregnancy and the bullying. I love the way CH handles the characters. You are a totally master puppeteer.

My suck for today: I finished this book and there’s no third book, yet
My sweet for today: You, my dear author, for this wonderful journey with Lake and Will

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...